Depart US for tromso, Norway.
Depart JFK via Norwegian Air Shuttle.
Arrival in Tromso where you take the rental car before reaching this polar city, also known as the "Paris of the north". Tromsø
being the biggest city in the Nordic countries, north of the polar circle, it has a university, a cathedral and the northernmost
brewery in the world. At 6.30pm, you leave Tromsø to go to Honningsvåg. Dinner and night on board the ship Hurtigruten in an
Breakfast on board the ship, arrival in Honningsvag expected at 11:45am. From Honningsvag, excursion towards the northernmost place of Europe: the North Cape. It is a wild headland hit by the winds, where the cliffs go up to 300 meters above sea level, and where water is surrounding you, in the middle of ice blocks, marking out the north pole.Then, return in the city. Scandic Bryggen
Breakfast at the hotel and departure toward the south, direction the Sami capital, Karasjok. Free day to discover the town. Night at the Engholm’s Husky Lodge, located next to the Karasjohka river, 6 kilometres away from Karasjok. These charming cabins were constructed by Sven: the owner of the place. Sven furnished and decorated these cabins to create a unique and personal atmosphere in every cottage. Enjoy the wood-heated sauna and the very popular outdoor jacuzzi (not included). Dinner and night in your cozy Engholm log cabin, with a private bathroom. (B,D)
Breakfast. This is where one of the major moments of the tour start: you will have the chance to guide your own pack of sled dogs during that magical day. This excursion includes a barbecue lunch with a campfire. The tour is out of the ordinary and offers you an unforgettable and unique experience. Sven's pack counts 40 to 50 high-level sled dogs, trained to browse long distances. The tour lasts around 4 hours and the ride itself 1 hour. Enjoy the wood-heated sauna and the popular outdoor jacuzzi (not included). Dinner and night in your cozy Engholm log cabin, with a private bathroom. (B,D)
Breakfast. That day you leave Norway to enter Finland. Your accommodation for the next two nights is located in Saariselkä, in the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village. Night in a traditional cabin with your own campfire and sauna. The village also offers the possibility to spend the night in an igloo (extra offer available on demand). In Kakslauttanen, you can enjoy a wide variety of winter activities, more information on demand. Dinner and night in a traditional and private cabin in the Kakslauttanen Igloo
Breakfast at the hotel. After the breakfast, join a two hours snowmobile safari. It takes you to the little village of Saariselkä, located about 10km away from the hotel.Transfer via private vehicle from the hotel to the agency organizing the safari. There you will be given all the equipment necessary for the tour, that is to say: cold weather suit, boots, socks, gloves, hat, helmet and further instructions. Once everyone is ready, the safari starts with a ride until the Kaunispää mountain, rising 436 m above sea level. At the top, you can admire the wonderful panorama below you. The track continues through a sublime and mystic forest. The safari lasts around 2 hours and includes a coffee break on the road. Two persons can sit on the snowmobile and the passenger can share the driving one after the other, or you can ask for a single person snowmobile. (in extra on demand) Without a doubt, this safari will stay in your memory for a very long time and you will experience an adventure drive full of adrenaline through Finnish Lapland. Dinner and night in a traditional and private cabin in the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village.(B,D)
Breakfast at the hotel and ride to the capital of Finnish Lapland – Rovaniemi. Rovaniemi is the official town of Santa Claus. There, you will find the Santa Claus village where there is a post office from where you can send your letters directly to Santa. Every single dream you have can become reality in Rovaniemi. Accomodation at the Rantasipi Hotel Pohjanhovi or similar. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. That day, your itinerary will take you from Finland to Sweden. Your destination is the world famous Ice Hotel… this wonderful hotel entirely made of ice and snow will take your breath away! For the evening, you will experience a night in the Ice Hotel. The rooms made of ice are simple but spacious, and you will fall asleep under a temperature of -5°C. You will sleep in thermal sleeping bags, in a bed made of snow and ice on reindeers' skins. Night in a room made of ice in the Ice Hotel.
Once you wake up, you will be served a cup of hot cranberry juice. A buffet for breakfast, with a morning sauna included and towels provided. You have a free day to simply enjoy the surroundings, or to book an activity according to your choice.(activities on demand) Night in a warm room in the Ice Hotel. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. You leave Sweden to come back to Norway and the polar capital Tromso. At that time, we hope you will have enjoyed every moment and liked the different accommodations included in this itinerary. Clarion Hotel The Edge or similar.(B)
Day 12 Tromso, Norway/USA
After breakfast, time at leisure depending on your departure flight. Return car and transport to the airport by your own means and board your flight back to the USA. (B)
• Round-trip airfare
• 10 Day car rental
• 1 night in an undefined outdoor cabin with shower/toilet on board a ship of Hurtigruten, including the breakfast, the dinner and the booking for a car (max. 6 m).
• Excursion up to the North Cape.
• 1 night in an hotel room with shower/toilet in Honningsvåg, breakfast included
• 2 nights in a cabin with shower/toilet in the Engholm’s Husky Lodge, with half-board (breakfast and dinner), sheets
and towels included
• Dog sled tour, lunch included
• 2 nights in a cabin in the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village, dinner and breakfast included
• 2 hours snowmobile safari (2 persons per snowmobile)
• 1 night in an hotel room with shower/toilet in Rovaniemi, breakfast included
• 2 nights in the Ice Hotel: 1 night in an ice bedroom, and 1 night in a warm accommodation, breakfast included
• 1 night in an hotel room with shower/toilet in Tromsø, breakfast included
Rates do not include
• Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
• Optional Travel Insurance
• Any item not mentioned above
• According to the weather conditions, the activities can change.
• A valid driving licence is mandatory to drive the snowmobile.
• The northern lights are a natural phenomena. We can not guarantee that you will see some.
• The prices for departures during the Christmas period/New Year are available on demand. Some services might not be available during that period or might have a different price.