Take a 7-night trip and experience the treasures of Jordan, home to a wealth of historic sites. Begin with a tour of Amman, the capital city, where you visit the Citadel and the 6,000-seat Roman Theatre carved into the hill. The next day, sightseeing begins in Pella with ruins from the Greco-Roman period. Also, tour the ancient city of Jerash and continue to the Dead Sea. Other touring includes the old city of Petra, a World Heritage site, and Wadi Rum, the vast desert, where you take a 4x4 jeep ride. Starting from $695 per person, land only, with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1, Saturday - Arrive Amman
Arrive in Amman, Jordan’s capital city, where you are met and transferred to your hotel. (Al Waleed/Amman Cham Palace/Landmark)
Day 2, Sunday - Amman
After breakfast, begin a full-day tour with a visit to the Desert Castles. Their fine mosaics, frescoes, and stone and stucco carvings illustrate 8th-century life. Tour Jordan’s modern capital, Amman, known as the “white city.” Visit the Citadel, which houses the Temple of Hercules, the Umayyad Palace and a Byzantine church. At the foot of the Citadel lies the 6,000-seat Roman Theatre, carved into the hill. Also, visit the Jordan Archaeological Museum and the Folklore Museum. (B)
Day 3, Monday - Pella and Umm Qays
After breakfast, a full-day sightseeing begins with Pella. Besides excavated ruins from the Greco-Roman period, see the remains of a Chalcolithic settlement from 4 BC, evidence of Bronze and Iron Age walled cities, Byzantine churches, early Islamic residential quarters and a small medieval mosque. Gadara (now Umm Qays) and Pella were once ancient Greek cities in eastern Palestine. Perched on a hilltop overlooking the Jordan Valley and the Sea of Galilee, Umm Qays boasts a stunning black basalt theatre, the basilica and adjacent courtyard strewn with nicely carved black sarcophagi, the colonnaded main street and a side street lined with shops. (B)
Day 4, Tuesday – Jerash/Dead Sea
Today, take a full-day tour of Jerash. “The Jewel of the North,” Jerash, dating back more than 6,500 years, is one of the largest and most well-preserved sites of Roman architecture in the world outside Italy. Continue to the Dead Sea. (B)
Day 5, Wednesday - Amman/Madaba/Mount Nebo/Kerak/Petra
After breakfast, drive along the 2,000-year-old Kingsway Road to Madaba, “The City of Mosaics.” Visit the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, where there is a famous 6th-century Byzantine mosaic map of the Holy Land. Proceed to Mount Nebo, burial place of the Prophet Moses, with a spectacular view of the Holy Land. Continue driving, via the Kings Highway, and arrive at Kerak, the magnificent 12th-century Crusader castle located on a hilltop. Proceed to Petra for overnight. (La Maison/Old Village/Movenpick) (B)
Day 6, Thursday - Petra
After breakfast, begin a full-day visit of the “Rose Red City” of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a walk or a short horse ride from Petra’s main entrance to the entrance of the old city through the “Siq,” a 1,150-foot-long narrow canyon. At the end of the Siq stands the famous Treasury monument, Al Khazneh. (B)
Day 7, Friday – Petra/Al-Beidha/Wadi Rum/Amman
After breakfast, drive just ten minutes to Al-Beidha, known as Little Petra. Enter the site through a narrow 380-yard-long gorge. As in Petra, buildings were carved into the sandstone, used as residences, storage areas and tombs. In one of the buildings you can find the remains of painted frescoes dating back to the 1st century. Continue to Wadi Rum, Jordan’s vast and echoing desert, for a 4x4 jeep ride. Return to Amman for overnight. (Al Waleed/Amman Cham Palace/Landmark) (B)
Day 8, Saturday – Depart Amman
After breakfast, transfer to the airport and board your departure flight. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-1101/01 - 01/11|
March 1-3103/01 - 03/31
|$350 S$350 S|
|$350 FC$350 FC|
|$735 D$735 D||January 12 - February 29
01/12 - 02/29|
|$150 S$150 S|
|$285 FC$285 FC|
|$520 D$520 D|
Land Only prices are per person based on double occupancy. Hotels are S (standard), FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Suggested Airfare: From $1200 for Jun 1 - Aug 20 and Dec 11 - Jan 10, and from $900 for rest of the year. Air prices are per person from New York JFK airport to destination city on itinerary and return, and include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 5 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Amman: Al Waleed (S), Amman Cham Palace (FC) or Landmark (D)
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Petra: La Maison (S), Old Village (FC) or Movenpick (D)
- Sightseeing tours with English-speaking guide and entrance fees
- Breakfast daily
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels are is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued (if air purchased) and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.