Take a 5-night getaway to Australia. Start in Cairns, where you spend a full day visiting the Great Barrier Reef. The next day, board the Kuranda Scenic Train to see the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. Then fly to Sydney and see the famous Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach before returning to the US. Starting from $3385, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1, Saturday - USA/Cairns
Depart on Fiji Airways trans-Pacific flight for Cairns, Australia.
Day 2, Sunday - En Route
Cross International Date Line.
Day 3, Monday - Cairns
Arrive in Cairns and transfer to your hotel. (Rydges Tradewinds/PullmanCairns)
Day 4, Tuesday - Great Barrier Reef
Depart this morning for a full day on the famous Great Barrier Reef, including morning tea aboard a cruise to Agincourt Reef, an informative presentation by a marine biologist and a lavish tropical smorgasboard lunch. All snorkeling equipment, a qualified snorkeling advisor on hand, and an underwater observatory coral viewing are included. (B/L)
Day 5, Wednesday - Cairns
Board the Kuranda Scenic Train to enjoy breathtaking views over the rainforest canopy, and visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, where you can enjoy dance performances, a museum and lunch. (B/L)
Day 6, Thursday - Cairns/Sydney
Depart by air for Sydney. Transfer to your hotel. (Four Points By Sheraton/Radisson Blu Plaza) (B)
Day 7, Friday - Sydney
After breakfast at the hotel, join a morning tour to a wildlife park to see Australia's unique native fauna up close. Then board Captain Cook's lunch cruise in the spectacular Sydney Harbor. After lunch, continue on the city tour that includes Sydney's birthplace (the Rocks), the Sydney Opera House, and Mrs Macquaries Chair. Travel through trendy Paddington and Double Bay to famous Bondi Beach. (B/L)
Day 8, Saturday - Sydney/USA
Depart for the US via Fiji Airways and arrive home the same day, or take our Fiji Extension. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Cairns
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Sydney
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Rydges Tradewinds (Cairns), Four Points by Sheraton (Sydney)
- Deluxe (D): Pullman Cairns (Cairns), Radisson Blu Paza (Sydney)
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit card accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.