Discover the history and culture of Bangladesh over this 10-night journey. Begin your trip with a night in Bangladesh’s capital, Dhaka. Explore the country's oldest archaeological site, Mahasthangarh, in Bogra. See UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the world’s largest Buddhist monasteries, Paharpur. Visit the Mosque City of Bagerhat, which has more than 50 Islamic monuments, including the 60-Domed Mosque. Cruise along the mighty rivers of Bangladesh to the Sandarbans mangrove forest and disembark for a trail walk. Travel to the lake district of Rangamati and drive to Bandarban. Visit villages inhabited by local ethnic communities. Return to Dhaka for a tour of the heart of the city, including Sadarghat waterfront and Shakhari Bazaar. From $4315, including airfare with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1 - USA/Dhaka
Depart from West Coast via Cathay Pacific Airways trans-Pacific flight to Dhaka.
Day 2 - Dhaka
Arrive in Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh and a megacity in south Asia on the banks of the Buriganga River. Transfer to your hotel. (Pan Pacific)
Day 3 – Dhaka/Saidpur/Bogra
This morning, fly to Saidpur. Arrive and transfer to Bogra. (Naz Garden) (B/L)
Day 4– Bogra/Rajshahi
After breakfast visit the ruins of Mahasthangarh, the oldest archaeological site in Bangladesh, dating back to the 3rd century BC. Later, visit Paharpur, one of the world’s largest Buddhist temples and a UNESCO-designated World Heritage site. The architectural characteristics resemble those in Myanmar, Cambodia, and Java. Continue towards Rajshahi, en route visiting Puthia, site of the country’s largest Hindu temple complex. (Nice) (B/L)
Day 5 – Rajshahi/Khulna
After breakfast, head south to the port city of Khulna. On the way, visit the 60-Domed Mosque in Bagerhat, also a UNESCO-desgnated World Heritage Site. Arrive in Khulna and check in to your hotel. (City Inn) (B/L)
Day 6 – Mongla/Sandarbans
This morning, you are transferred by road to Mongla, where you board the vessel to begin a cruise toward the Sandarbans. Disembark at a forest station for a trail walk to experience the unique biodiversity of this mangrove forest. Cruise back to Mongla, where you are transferred back to Khulna. (B/L)
Day 7 - Khulna/Dhaka/Chittagong/Rangamati
After breakfast, transfer to the Jessore airport for a flight to Dhaka. Arrive in Dhaka and board the afternoon flight to Chittagong. Arrive and transfer overland to Rangamati, known as the lake district and one of the most beautiful parts of the country. (Parjatan Motel) (B/L)
Day 8 - Rangamati/Bandarban
After breakfast, visit an ethnic village, and learn about the community's culture and livelihood. After lunch, drive to Bandarban, home to many indigenous hill tribes. Bandarban was inaccessible to travelers only a decade ago. Arrive and check in to your hotel. (Hillside) (B/L)
Day 9 - Bandarban
Today cruise on Kantai Lake, Asia's largest manmade lake. Visit the Jadi temple, a Buddhist temple with the second largest Buddha statue in Bangladesh. Then visit Nilachol, a high ground offering beautiful sunset views. Visit nearby villages inhabited by local ethnic communities. (B/L)
Day 10 - Bandarban/Chittagong/Dhaka
After a very early breakfast, transfer to the Chittagong airport to board the flight to Dhaka. On arrival in Dhaka, transfer to your hotel. (Pan Pacific) (B/L)
Day 11 - Dhaka/USA
In the morning, visit the heart of Dhaka, including Shakhari Bazaar, Sadarghat waterfront and Ahsan Manzil palace. If time allows, visit the National Museum and the Liberation War Museum. Later in the day, transfer to the airport and board your Cathay Pacific flight to the US. (B/L)
Day 12 - USA
Arrive in the US.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - December 31|
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare from West Coast via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class
- Local flights, coach class, as per itinerary
- Private round trip airport transfers
- Internal ground transportation with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Pan Pacific in Dhaka; at City Inn in Khulna; and at Hillside in Bandarban
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Naz Garden in Bogra; at Nice in Rajshahi; and at Parjatan Motel in Rangamati
- Private sightseeing tours with English-speaking guide and entrance fees: half-day tour of Dhaka; tour of Mahasthangarh, Paharpur and Puthia; vist to 60-Domed Mosque in Bagerhat; cruise to the Sandarbans; visit to ethnic village in Rangamati; cruise on Kaptai Lake; cruise of Bandaraban hill tribes
- Breakfast daily, 9 lunches
- Hotel taxes and service charge
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If listed hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
4 Days/3 Nights
Day 1 - Dubai
Arrive in Dubai, and transfer to your hotel. (Savoy Central/Sheraton Mall of the Emirates)
Day 2 - Dubai
Morning tour includes Jumeirah mosque, the 150-year-old Al Fahidi Fort, which houses the Dubai Museum, the local water taxi, and the gold and spice souks (market places). (B/D)
Day 3 - Dubai
In the afternoon, a four-wheel-drive vehicle takes you deep into the heart of the desert. En route, stop to see camels, and watch the sunset. A traditional Arabian welcome awaits you. Relax in Bedu tents, experience a short camel ride, and feast on Arab dishes while entertained by belly dancers. (B/D)
Day 4 - Dubai
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Departures & Rates
Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
$ 260 FC
$ 455 D
May - Aug
Oct - Mar