Take a 10-night trip to New Zealand. Start in Auckland, where you see Mt. Eden and Harbor Bridge. From there, travel to Rotorua with a stop at the Waitomo Caves to visit the magical glow-worm grotto. Once in Rotorua, see the Rainbow Springs and the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Next, travel to Queenstown and to Milford Sound, where you cruise on the fjord and view Mitre Peak. Then, travel to Mt. Cook National Park, taking in the sights of New Zealand’s highest mountain. Finally, travel to Christchurch and see Canterbury Museum and Cathedral Square before returning to the US. Starting from $4060, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Auckland
Depart from the US on Fiji Airways trans-Pacific flight to Auckland.
Day 2 - En Route
Cross the International Date Line.
Day 3 - Auckland
Arrive in Auckland and transfer to hotel. (Rydges/SkyCity)
Day 4 - Auckland
Morning city tour takes you to the Harbor Bridge and Mt. Eden for a beautiful view of the city and harbor and to the War Memorial Museum. (B)
Day 5 - Auckland/Waitomo/Rotorua
Travel by motor coach to Waitomo Caves and visit the magical glow-worm grotto. Continue to the thermal springs of Rotorua. (Sudima/Rotorua Lakeside Novotel) (B/L)
Day 6 - Rotorua
A morning visit to the Agrodome to see an entertaining sheep show, followed by Rainbow Springs. At Whakerewarewa Thermal Reserve, you visit the Maori Cultural Arts and Crafts Center, followed by a tour of the soaring geysers and bubbling mud pools. The afternoon is at leisure. In the evening experience the warmth of the Maori people with a feast and cultural entertainment. (B/D)
Day 7 - Rotorua/Queenstown
Fly to Queenstown on the South Island of New Zealand. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Copthorne Lakefront/Millennium) (B)
Day 8 - Milford Sound
Drive from Queenstown through the Fiordland National Park. On arrival at Milford Sound, enjoy a cruise on the tranquil waters of the fiord, with a view of the famous Mitre Peak and the waterfalls. Return to Queenstown in the evening. (B/L)
Day 9 - Queenstown
Full day at leisure. (B)
Day 10 - Queenstown/Mt. Cook
In the morning, travel overland to Mt. Cook. Drive through the Kawarau Gorge and Lindis Pass and view Mt. Cook, New Zealand's highest peak. You may take an optional flight over New Zealand’s finest alpine scenery. Or, take a walk in the Mt. Cook National Park. (Hermitage) (B/D)
Day 11 - Mt. Cook/Christchurch
Morning at leisure before leaving Mt. Cook for Christchurch. Travel alongside Lake Pukaki to Lake Tekapo, view the Church of the Good Shepherd, pass through the Mackenzie country, cross the Canterbury Plains, and arrive in Christchurch. (Rydges Latimer/George) (B)
Day 12 - Christchurch
Take a double-decker bus tour that begins outside Canterbury Museum. Highlights include Botanic Garden, Arts and Crafts Centre, AMI Stadium, and Mona Vale Gardens. Travel to the seaside village of Sumner before the drive up the Port Hills. At the Sign of the Takahe, take in views of the city, mountains and ocean. (B)
Day 13 - Christchurch/USA
Depart for the US via Fiji Airways. Or take our Fiji Extension. (Fiji Airways flies Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from Christchurch. If flying on a different day, add flight Christchurch to Auckland. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-1001/01 - 01/10|
|$1430 FC$1,430 FC|
|$1970 D$1,970 D||January 11-3101/11 - 01/31|
|$1430 FC$1,430 FC|
|$1970 D$1,970 D||February 1 - March 31
02/01 - 03/31|
|$1295 FC$1,295 FC|
|$1850 D$1,850 D|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Auckland, Rotorua, and Christchurch
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Queenstown
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Mt. Cook
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Rydges (Auckland), Sudima (Rotorua), Copthorne Lakefront (Queenstown), Hermitage (Mt. Cook), Rydges Latimer (Christchurch)
- Deluxe (D): SkyCity (Auckland), Rotorua Lakeside Novotel (Rotorua), Millennium (Queenstown), Hermitage (Mt. Cook), George (Christchurch)
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.