Take a 9-night trip, paying homage to the philosophical precepts of Confucius and visiting the places where he grew up and taught. Start in Qingdao, a beachside resort city on the Yellow Sea, where you visit Mt. Laoshan and Taoist temples. Later, travel to Jinan to spend a night on your way to Qufu, a 3,000-year-old town and the birthplace of Confucius. Visit the residence, temple, and tomb of Confucius, all preserved by his descendants. Afterward, travel to Mt. Tai, enjoy a scenic cable-car ride and spend the night atop the peak. The next day, descend via cable car and travel to Jinan, where your full-day tour includes Daming Lake and Paotu Spring. Finally, fly to Shanghai and enjoy a city tour before you depart for the US. Starting from $5075, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Beijing
Depart the US via Cathay Pacific flight for Beijing. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Beijing
Arrive in Beijing, capital of China. Transfer to your hotel. (Royal Phoenix)
Day 3 - Beijing/Qingdao
Fly to Qingdao, a beachside resort city on the east coast of the Yellow Sea. Transfer to your hotel. (Dynasty) (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Qingdao
Full-day sightseeing tour highlights scenic Mt. Laoshan, surrounded by sea and dotted by waterfalls, Taoist temples and rural villages. (B/L/D)
Day 5 - Qingdao/Jinan
In the morning, your city tour includes May Fourth Square, Badaguan, the beach area and Zhan Bridge Pavilion. After lunch travel overland to Jinan. Check in at your hotel. (Sofitel) (B/L/D)
Day 6 - Jinan/Qufu
Morning excursion takes you to Qufu, the Confucius birthplace and a 3,000-year-old town. Revered and respected by all rulers in history, Qufu has preserved its architecture and traditions. Visit the magnificent Confucius residence, temple and tomb. (Queli Guest House) (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Qufu/Mt. Tai
Drive a few miles to sacred Mt. Tai and take an easy and scenic cable-car ride to the peak. At the hotel, view the South Gate to Heaven, the sea of clouds, and if the clouds break, the Yellow Sea. Later on, view the magnificent sunset. (Shenqi) (B/L/D)
Day 8 - Mt. Tai/Jinan
Descend via cable car to take to the road again for Jinan. Transfer to your hotel. (Sofitel) (B/L/D)
Day 9 - Jinan
Full-day tour of Jinan, known as the City of Springs. Visit Daming Lake, Paotu Spring, Provincial Museum and much more. (B/L)
Day 10 - Jinan/Shanghai
Fly to Shanghai. Upon arrival, transfer to the city to visit Yu Garden, Jade Temple, the Bund and Nanjing Road. (Sunrise on the Bund) (B/L)
Day 11 - Shanghai/USA
Depart via Cathay Pacific flight back to the US, and arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 23|
September 1 - December 9
|May 24-31||June 1 - August 14||August 15-31||December 10-31|
|2020||January 1 - February 29||March 1-31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Cathay Pacific Airways coach class
- Round trip airport transfers
- Local airfare as per itinerary
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Royal Phoenix in Beijing
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Sofitel in Jinan
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Dynasty Hotel in Qingdao
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Queli Guest House in Qufu
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Shenqi Hotel in Mt. Tai
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Sunrise on the Bund in Shanghai
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary
- Daily breakfast, 8 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or Cathay Pacific Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit card accepted; Credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.