Take a 7-night trip and visit the Mayan ruins in Guatemala. Start in Guatemala City before transferring to Chichicastenango, where you visit the famous local market. From there, travel to Lake Atitlan to see the village of Santiago Atitlan and the effigy of the Maya God Maximon. Next, travel to Antigua and see the architectural and historic highlights of this colonial city. Fly to Flores and transfer to Tikal, where you visit Yaxha National Park and the main temple. Finally, transit through Guatemala City on your way home. Starting from $2125, including air, with weekly departures.
Day 1, Wednesday - Miami/Guatemala City
Depart Miami via Avianca Airlines for Guatemala City. Upon arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel. (Barcelo/Westin Camino Real)
Day 2, Thursday - Guatemala City/Chichicastenango
Travel westward through the highlands to the famous market at Chichicastenango, where artisans display a wide array of local crafts. Also visit the 400-year-old Church of Santo Tomas. Afternoon at leisure for shopping or exploring on your own. (Mayan Inn) (B)
Day 3, Friday - Chichicastenango/Lake Atitlan
Travel to Lake Atitlan and join the launch excursion to Santiago Atitlan. Marvel at surrounding volcanoes. Visit the picturesque lakeside village and see an effigy of the Maya god Maximon, revered by locals. Often a shaman performs a ritual on site. Afternoon at leisure to shop or see the town on your own. (Porta del Lago/Atitlan) (B)
Day 4, Saturday - Lake Atitlan/Antigua/Guatemala City
After breakfast, depart for Antigua. Visit the architectural and historical highlights of this colonial city. Afternoon, continue to Guatemala City. (Barcelo/Westin Camino Real) (B)
Day 5, Sunday - Guatemala City/Flores/Tikal
Early in the morning, fly to Flores, in the northern rainforest region. Transfer on arrival to tour Ceibal, the largest archaeological site in the southwestern Maya lowlands. Afernoon, transfer to Tikal. (Casona del Lago/Camino Real) (B)
Day 6, Monday - Tikal
Morning transfer to Yaxha and Topoxte for a guided tour of these archaeological sites, located in the heart of Yaxha National Park. From the top of the main temple, take in wonderful views of the surrounding rainforest and breathtaking Lake Yaxha. See and hear howler monkeys and a variety of birdlife. (B)
Day 7, Tuesday - Tikal/Guatemala City
Morning, explore the amazing ruins at Tikal, where huge Mayan temples rise above the jungles. Afternoon, fly to Guatemala City and transfer to your hotel. (Barcelo/Westin Camino Real) (B/L)
Day 8, Wednesday - Guatemala City/Miami
Transfer to the airport for your Avianca Airlines flight home. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-701/01 - 01/07|
|$370 FC$370 FC|
|$550 D$550 D||January 8 - March 31
01/08 - 03/31|
|$370 FC$370 FC|
|$550 D$550 D|
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
- Land & Air prices are per person double occupancy via Avianca Airlines from Miami for weekday travel. For weekend travel and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $30 each way.
- Land Only prices include internal airfares.
- Rates are not valid for Easter, Christmas, New Year, or some other holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip international airfare via Avianca Airlines coach class from Miami
- Domestic Guatemala flights
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Guatemala City
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Tikal
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlan
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: tour of the Chichicastenango Market and Catholic Church, launch excursion on Lake Atitlan to Santiago Atitlan, morning city tour of Antigua, tour of Yaxha National Park
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Barcelo (Guatemala City), Mayan Inn (Chichicastenango), Porta del Lago (Lake Atitlan), Casona del Lago (Tikal)
- Deluxe (D): Westin Camino Real (Guatemala City), Mayan Inn (Chichicastenango), Atitlan Hotel (Lake Atitlan), Camino Real (Tikal)
- If above hotels or Avianca Airlines is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.