The Hotel Helvetie is a witness of the development of tourism in Montreux, Switzerland. Opened in 1865, it was first named Hotel-Pension de Russie, and hosted the many customers who came from the North, looking for a warmer climate during the cold season.
After the Russian revolution, the hotel is named successively Hotel de Paris, then Hotel Helvetie. The hotel still holds nowadays all the elements of the original façade.
In front of the Casino and 200 meters away from the lake, the hotel is located in the heart of Montreux. It is an ideal start to the main touristical attractions of the region: among many others, the promenade by the lake, the Chillon Castle, the Rochers-de-Naye peaks, the cruises on the lake and the Jazz Festival in July.