Take a 6-night trip, starting your journey to Korea in Seoul, where you see the Gyeongbok Palace and the beautiful Secret Garden. Next, take a train to Daegu and travel to Mt. Gaya National Park, where you visit Haeinsa Temple, known as a repository of one of Asia's most comprehensive compilations of Buddhist scriptures. From Daegu, travel to Gyeongju and see the 6th-century Seokguram Grotto. Finally, return to Seoul and take a day trip to the Demilitarized Zone, a two-mile line separating North Korea and South Korea. Starting from $3185, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - USA/Seoul
Depart Los Angeles on board a Cathay Pacific Airways flight to Seoul. Cross the International Date Line en route.
Day 2 - Seoul
Arrive at Incheon International Airport and transfer to your hotel. (Ibis Ambassador/Grand Ambassador)
Day 3 - Seoul
A full-day tour of this national capital includes Gyeongbok Palace, Jogyesa Temple, Changdeok Palace, the National Folk Museum and the traditional Namdaemun Market. At night visit Korea House and taste Korean food while enjoying a traditional performance. (B/L/D)
Day 4 - Seoul/Mt. Gaya/Daegu
In the morning, take a train to the central city of Daegu. Upon arrival drive by coach to Mt. Gaya National Park. Visit Haeinsa Temple. Later, return to Daegu and check in to your hotel. (Grand) (B)
Day 5 - Daegu/Gyeongju
In the morning, take express bus to Gyeongju. Afternoon tour takes you to the 6th-century Bulguksa Temple of the Silla Kingdom and Seokguram Grotto. (Commodore/Hyundai) (B)
Day 6 - Gyeongju/Seoul
Today's sightseeing starts at the royal tombs at Tumuli Park. Then visit Anapji Pond, the 7th-century Cheomseongdae astronomical observatory, and the National Museum. Take an express train back to Seoul. Transfer to hotel. (Ibis Ambassador/Grand Ambassador) (B)
Day 7 - Seoul
Take an excursion to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Two kilometers away from the truce line on the North and South border, DMZ is one of the last relics of the Cold War and a unique area where tension and peace coincide. Tour disbands in Seoul at Myeongung street. (B)
Day 8 - Seoul/USA
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Los Angeles and arrive the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 23|
August 15 - December 9
|May 24 - August 14||December 10-31|
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $70 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Round trip airport transfers
- Overland transfers by car/bus/train with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Seoul
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Daegu
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Gyeongju
- Hotel taxes and service charges included
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: full-day tour of Seoul, tour of Mt. Gaya National Park, two half-day city tours of Gyeongju, tour of the DMZ
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Ibis Ambassador (Seoul), Grand (Daegu), Commodore (Gyeongju)
- Deluxe (D): Grand Ambassador (Seoul), Grand (Daegu), Hyundai (Gyeongju)
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.