Visitors to Siem Reap come here to see the temples, of course, but there is plenty to do in and around the city when you're templed out. Siem Reap has reinvented itself as the epicenter of chic Cambodia, with hip lounges and hotels, world-class dining, luxurious spas, great shopping, and a creative cultural scene. Angkor Wat is a place to be savored, not rushed, and this is the base from which to plan your adventures.Laos brings together the best of Southeast Asia in one small destination.Whether it is the cities of the lowlands or the remote villages of the highlands, Laos offers some wonderful opportunities for local interaction.Adventure seekers can lose themselves in underground river caves, on jungle ziplines or while climbing karsts. Culture lovers can explore ancient temples and immerse themselves in Lao spiritual life. Foodies can spice up their lives with a Lao cooking class or go gourmand in the French-accented cities. And if all this sounds a little too strenuous, then unwind with a spa session or yoga class. Laos has something for everyone.Take an optional stop over in Singapore, a vibrant and sprawling metropolis.From $1,899 per person.
Leave US on award winning Singapore Airlines
Cross the International Date Line
Arrive in Siem Reap and you are transferred to your hotel
Spend four more nights in this ancient capital and visit the royal temples Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom (B)
Take a short flight to Luang Prabang, charming colonial city with fascinating scenery and a slew of beautifully maintained temples (B)
Spend a few more days discovering this romantic city. Take optional tours or just go out on your own.
Today you are transferred to the airport to fly back to US. Or take a 2 night optional stop over to Singapore, including transfers, breakfast daily,half day city tour
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement|
Scroll right for more info »»
Rates do not include
- Round trip air from US to Siem Reap and back from Luang Prabang to US on Singapore Airlines
- One way flight from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang
- 4 nights in Siem Reap (3 star hotel)
- 4 nights in Luang Prabang (3 star hotel)
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Round trip transfers from airport to hotel in both cities
- All taxes and service charges
- Upgrade to 4 star hotels for only $100 per person
- Stop over in Singapore for 2 nights including hotel, breakfast,transfers and half day city tour
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks,telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on fares from various US cities are available
- Book by Jan 15, 2017 for these special rates.
- Midweek departures and return for this price . Surcharge applies on both air and hotel on weekends.
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation,alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received within 3 days of reservation.
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Air ticket non-refundable once ticketed; Pacific Holidays' general cancellation policy applies; Optional travel insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
Full day tour-$99 per person (no meals included)
Visit Angkor Thom (13th Century), including the South Gate, the Bayon, The Terrace of the Elephants and The Terrace of the Leper King, finishing our exploration at the Royal Enclosure. In the afternoon, visit the epic Angkor Wat, viewing its well-known architecture and bas-reliefs.min 2 pax
Full day tour-$108 per person (no meals included)
After breakfast, proceed to the graceful Khmer Temple of Shiva, the Bantey Srei with its rarely seen sculpted female deities. On the way back to town,visit the impressive Ta Prohm Temple, which is dramatically enveloped by jungle.min 2 pax
Half day tour-$95 per person (no meals included)
Your half-day city tour begins with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum,which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. We then head to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We also have time to visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai.
Full day tour-$118 per person (no meals included)
Tour full-day city tour begins after breakfast, with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. We then enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city's oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. Today, we also visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham. Following lunch,we visit the Arts and Ethnology Centre to learn about Laos' many ethnic cultures before we head out of town to see the weaving villages of Ban Xiengkhong and Ban Xienglek. We then return to the city for a visit to Wat Mai. We then climb up to the
top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. The tour ends after a visit to the famous Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textiles made by local and hilltribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Early morning Alms Giving ($99)-offerings not included
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession. From there you will visit the morning Phosi Market where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional handicrafts, and today you will visit local village of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay and Ban Thapene. Time permitting you may also wish to drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest paths. We return to Luang Prabang by late afternoon and continue to Ban Phanom, a well-known weaving village, and then return to the city by late afternoon for observing the sunset at Wat Siphouthabath