Take an 11-night trip and visit all the major sights on the Malaysian peninsula. Start with a stop in Bangkok and tour the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Golden Buddha. Then fly to Penang, a tranquil island paradise, where sites include Georgetown and Fort Cornwall. Next, travel to Kuala Lumpur and tour the National Mosque and King’s Palace. After a day at leisure, drive to Malacca and see St. Paul’s Hill and the imposing red Dutch Stadhuys building. Finally, fly to Singapore, a cosmopolitan city-state on the tip of the Malaysian peninsula. Visit the different neighborhoods, including Chinatown and Little India, before returning to the US. Starting from $3095, including air, with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1 - USA/Bangkok
Depart this morning on China Airlines flight bound for Bangkok. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok and transfer to your hotel. (Century Park/Avani Riverside)
Day 3 - Bangkok
Morning, tour the Grand Palace. Afternoon tour includes some of the most renowned Buddhist temples: the Temple of the Golden Buddha and the huge Reclining Buddha at Wat Po. (B)
Day 4 - Bangkok
Day at leisure to explore on your own. (B)
Day 5 - Bangkok/Penang
Fly to the tranquil island paradise of Penang and transfer to your hotel. (Golden Sands/Shangri-La Rasa Sayang) (B)
Day 6 - Penang
Enjoy an island tour. Visit Georgetown, the Snake Temple, fruit and clove plantations, a batik factory, a fishing village, Fort Cornwall and the Bukit Dunbar Reservoir. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 7 - Penang/Kuala Lumpur
Travel overland to Kuala Lumpur. Drive to mainland via the Penang Bridge. Take a short boat ride to the Orang Utan Island for a firsthand look at the rehabilitation program. Then proceed to Kuala Kangsar. Visit its golden-domed Ubudiah Mosque and a sultan's former palace. Arrive in Kuala Lumpur in late afternoon. (Park Royal/Shangri-La) (B)
Day 8 - Kuala Lumpur
Tour the city's major historical landmarks, including King's Palace, National Monument, National Mosque and Independence Square. Make a photo stop at Petronas Twin Tower and enjoy a panoramic view from KL Tower's observation deck. Rest of the afternoon at leisure. This evening, stroll in Chinatown, followed by a Malay dinner and cultural show. (B/D)
Day 9 - Kuala Lumpur
Full day at leisure to explore this neat and clean city with well-planned gardens that make strolling a pleasure. (B)
Day 10 - Malacca
Drive south via the Seremban/Malacca Highway, passing rubber and oil palm plantations, satellite towns and typical villages. On arrival at the historical town of Malacca, proceed to the Cheng Hoon Teng Temple on the Street of Harmony. Drive by the antique/junk street to greet the imposing red Dutch Stadhuys building. Take a stroll up St. Paul's Hill to see the ruins of St. Paul's Church. Visit the Porta de Santiago. Return to Kuala Lumpur in the afternoon. (B/L)
Day 11 - Kuala Lumpur/Singapore
Fly to Singapore. Transfer to the hotel. (York/Mandarin Orchard) (B)
Day 12 - Singapore
This morning's city tour includes the bustling waterfront, Chinatown, Little India and the botanical garden's orchid collection. Remainder of the day free. (B)
Day 13 - Singapore/USA
Board China Airlines flight and return to the US the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - May 15||May 16 - July 15||July 16-31||August 1 - October 31||November 1-30||December 1-11||December 12-24||December 25-31|
|2020||February 1 - March 31||January 1-11|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $50 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class
- Round trip seat-in-coach airport transfers
- Overland seat-in-coach transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Penang and Singapore
- 4 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Kuala Lumpur
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Bangkok
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive seat-in-coach sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each city: half-day city tour of Penang, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore; full-day driving tour to Malacca, two half-day tours of Bangkok
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- FC: superior first class – Century Park (Bangkok), Golden Sands (Penang), Park Royal (Kuala Lumpur), York (Singapore)
- D: deluxe hotel – Royal Orchid Sheraton (Bangkok), Shangri-La Rasa Sayang (Penang), Shangri-La (Kuala Lumpur), Mandarin Orchard (Singapore)
- If above hotels or China Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.