Take a 4-night trip and travel to the Ecuadorian Amazon jungle on this cruise expedition. Fly to Coca and board the Manatee Amazon Explorer. Take a canoe ride to explore the Tiputini Rver inside Yasuni National Park. The next day, explore the pristine Cocaya River, and observe the flora and fauna of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. Visit the Jatuncocha, a major blackwater lake. The following day, meet the local people and learn about their culture. Finally, travel to Limoncocha Biological Reserve. Starting from $2990, including air from Quito, with weekly Monday departures.
Day 1, Monday - Quito/Coca
Depart from Quito, Ecuador, and fly to Francisco de Orellana (Coca). Arrive and transfer to the Napo River port for motorized canoe ride downstream. Board the Manatee Amazon Explorer and start navigating down the river. Afternoon, canoe excursion to explore the Tiputini River inside Yasuni National Park. At dusk, make a night walk visit to a native dwelling on the river level, climatic conditions, wildlife behavior, and accessibility. (D)
Day 2, Tuesday - Amazon Cruise
Early morning, explore the Cocaya River, one of the Ecuadorian Amazon's most pristine rivers. Observe exotic plants, colorful birds, and unique wildlife of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, home to the legendary pink river dolphins, river turtles, black caymans, and the enigmatic Amazon manatee. Afternoon, visit the Jatuncocha, a major blackwater lake of the upper Amazon basin, with opportunities for walking and paddling, watching endangered giant otters, and observing local flora and fauna. (B/L/D)
Day 3, Wednesday - Amazon Cruise
Morning visit to a local indigenous Kichwa Culture school. Meet the local people and learn about their culture. Afternoon, enjoy a relaxing navigation onboard. You may learn how to make Ecuadorian food in a cooking lesson directed by the chef, or take in a lecture onboard to learn about Amazon topics such as culture, biodiversity, Amazon formation, oil and sustainability. Walk a wooden pass though the Morete swamp, where you may see frogs and parrots. (B/L/D)
Day 4, Thursday - Amazon Cruise
Begin an excursion to the Parrot Clay licks, a great place to see a lot of bird species, or make an excusrion to the Yaku Kawsay, a live underwater museum. This afternoon, visit Limoncocha Biological reserve, an incredible area to find lots of birds and some monkeys, and to search for the black cayman. Return to the Manatee. (B/L/D)
Day 5, Friday - Coca/Quito
Navigate upstream. Transfer to airport for flight to Quito. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - December 31|
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round-trip airfare, coach class, from Quito to Coca
- Round-trip airport transfers
- 4 nights stay in your cabin on board the Manatee Amazon Explorer
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: motorized canoe ride, canoe excursion throgh Yasuni National Park, tour of Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, afternoon visit to Jatuncocha, morning visit to Kichwa Culture School, walk through Morete Swamp, tour to either Parrot Clay licks or Yaku Kawsay underwater museum, tour of Limoncocha Biological Reserve
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or preferred airline are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.