Take a 2 day/1 night excursion from Lima to see two of Peru’s ancient mysteries. In Ica, fly over the mysterious Nasca lines, preserved for nearly 2,000 years, and now a World Heritage Site. After an overnight in Ica, travel by motorboat to the beautiful Ballestas Islands, the biggest natural sanctuary along Peru’s shoreline. Over the hill you will see “El Candelabro,” an enigmatic geoglyph believed to date to around 200 B.C. Starting from $690 per person.
Day 1 - Lima/Ica (Flyover)
Transfer from Lima bus station to take the coach to Ica (approx. 4 hrs). Upon arrival, check in at the hotel. Transfer to the local airport to board a light aircraft and enjoy a flight over the mysterious Nasca Lines. During the flyover, you can spot figures drawn on the sandy soil. Representing animals and stylized plants, these figures have been preserved for almost 2,000 years. Rest of the day at leisure, or take an optional city tour. (La Hacienda Bahia Paracas/Hotel Paracas)
Day 2 - Ica/Paracas/Ballestas Islands/Lima
Travel to Paracas Bay, where you take a two-hour motorboat excursion to the Ballestas Islands. These beautiful islands are the biggest natural sanctuary along Peru's shoreline and are home to thousands of migratory birds and huge groups of sea lions and fur seals. During the excursion, over the hill note a mysterious design called "El Candelabro" (The Chandelier). Return by bus to Lima. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1 - December 31|
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round-trip busfare betwee Lima and Ica
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Ica
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: Nasca Lines flyover, motorboat excursion to Ballestas Islands
- One breakfast
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): La Hacienda Bahia Paracas (Ica)
- Deluxe (D): Paracas Hotel (Ica)
- If above hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.