Travel to Papua New Guinea on this 7-night trip. Start in Port Moresby, where you see the Parliament House and the Botanical Garden. From there. fly to Tari and explore the Tari Gap area, walking in the jungle and enjoying the nature trails. Afterward, fly to Karawari, where you take a small riverboat to explore the villages along the jungle river. Next, fly to Mt. Hagen and tour the Waghi Valley, seeing a mudmen's performance in the native village. Finally, transit through Tokyo on your way home. Starting from $7985, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Tokyo
Depart from the US on Singapore Airlines trans-Pacific flight to Tokyo. En route cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 - Tokyo/Port Moresby
Arrive in Tokyo Narita International Airport and connect with Air Niugini to Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea.
Day 3 - Port Moresby
Upon early arrival you are met and transferred to Airways Hotel. In the afternoon a city tour includes Parliament House, Botanical Garden and other places of interest.
Day 4 - Port Moresby/Tari
Fly to Tari and transfer to Ambua Lodge, located at 7,000 feet above sea level in the Tari Gap area. Venture along the nature trails and view the jungle, where you can see orchids and rhododendrons. (D)
Day 5 - Tari
Today's adventure centers on the great Tari Basin and the surrounding mountain slopes. The flamboyant Huli Wigmen of the Tari Valley live intimately with nature as they have for thousands of years. Observe the typical daily activities of the Huli. (B/L/D)
Day 6 - Tari/Karawari
Transfer to the airport and fly to Karawari. Upon arrival, transfer by riverboat to Karawari Lodge. "Arambak" country is one of the most remote and unspoiled areas in the region. In a small riverboat you explore villages along the jungle-fringed waterways. Watch the people at Kundiman Village make use of the land in daily life, weaving baskets, and gathering, preparing and cooking their staple food from the Sago palm. (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Karawari
Travel by riverboat to selected villages for an opportunity to observe village life and customs, participate in typical daily activities, and see re-enactments of traditional ceremonies. Dugout canoes glide close to the riverbanks, and stilted villages appear suddenly beside the flowing water. (B/L/D)
Day 8 - Karawari/Mt. Hagen
Transfer by riverboat from Karawari Lodge to an airstrip to fly to Mt. Hagen. In the afternoon, tour the Waghi Valley and see the mudmen's performance in their village. (Rondon Ridge Lodge) (B/L/D)
Day 9 - Mt. Hagen/Port Moresby/Tokyo
Fly Air Niugini to Port Moresby. Upon arrival connect with your onward flight to Tokyo where you overnight. (Narita Tobu) (B)
Day 10 - Tokyo/Los Angeles
Depart via Singapore Airlines flight to the US, and arrive home the same day.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1-27|
September 23 - December 10
|April 28 - May 3|
August 9 - September 22
|June 1-30||July 1 - August 8|
|2020||January 10 - March 31||January 1-9|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
- Departures every Friday.
- Land Only prices do not include airfare between Port Moresby and Tokyo or hotel in Tokyo.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Singapore Airlines coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Airways Hotel in Port Moresby
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Ambua Lodge in Tari
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room at Karawari Lodge in Karawari
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Rondon Ridge Lodge in Mt. Hagen
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room at Narita Tobu in Tokyo
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: city tour of Port Moresby, tour of Huli Village and the Tari Basin, village exploration by riverboat in Karawari, tour of Waghi Valley
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or Singapore Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty apply ($250-$600 per person) once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.