Take a 9-night trip to visit major attractions on the Malaysian peninsula. Start out from Singapore and travel by coach up the peninsula to Malacca. Visit the historic sites including St. Paul's Hill and the imposing red Dutch Stadhuys Building. After a night in Malacca, continue on to Kuala Lumpur for a two-night stay. Tours highlight the beauty of the old and modern city. Next, drive to the Cameron Highlands and visit a tea plantation and tea factory. The following day, set off for the island paradise of Penang for a two-night stay. An island tour includes Georgetown, Fort Cornwallis and other sights. Then fly to Bangkok and stay three nights. Tour the Grand Palace, take a City & Temple tour and enjoy a traditional Thai dinner. Post-tours only.
Jun 30, Tue – Singapore/Malacca
Morning departure from Singapore and travel by coach to Malacca. Arrive in Malacca and tour the city’s historic sites, such as Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Kampung Kling Mosque, Jonker Street with its antiques and curios, Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum, the imposing pink Dutch Stadhuys Building, Malacca Clock Tower, Christchurch and the famous Porta de Santiago. Check in to your hotel. (Ramada Melaka/Majestic Malacca)
Jul 1, Wed – Malacca/Kuala Lumpur (B)
After breakfast, depart for Kuala Lumpur. Tour the city’s historical landmarks, King’s Palace (photo stop), National Mosque & Railway Station, National Monument, Independence Square, Sultan Abdul Samad building (photo stop), Selangor Club (photo stop), St, Mary’s Church, and Seri Mahamariaman Temple. Enjoy some bargain hunting in Chinatown. From the KL Tower, enjoy a panoramic view of the city. Transfer to your hotel. (Parkroyal/Shangri-La)
Jul 2, Thu – Kuala Lumpur (B)
Today, tour Royal Selangor Visitor Center, the world's largest pewter manufacturer, which makes appealing and high-quality souvenirs. Next, visit the amazing Batu Caves, the sacred cave temple for Hindus. Continue on for a visit to a batik factory. Rest of the day at leisure to discover bargains and the city's cozy cafes and restaurants.
Jul 3, Fri – Kuala Lumpur/Cameron Highlands (B)
After breakfast, drive north toward Cameron Highlands, noted for its tea plantations and cool temperatures. Stop en route at Lata Iskandar Waterfall and a native settlement. Immerse yourself in the cool, crisp air of Cameron Highlands with its wonderful scenery. Tour includes the tea plantation, tea factory, marketplace and butterfly farm. Check in to your hotel. (Strawberry Park/Cameron Highlands)
Jul 4, Sat – Cameron Highlands/Penang (B)
Early morning, set off for the tranquil island paradise of Penang. Stop at the town of Kuala Kangsar. View the Ubudiah Mosque, the attractive Iskandariah Palace and Istana Kenangan. Discover the rich history of the royal town of Kuala Kangsar on a river cruise. Visit one of the last few keris (dagger) making craftsmen. Enjoy the Sultan Azlan Shah Gallery and visit the Labu Sayong Center, where gourd-shaped pots are made with deft hands and creative inspiration. Cross over to Penang, the “Pearl of the Orient,” via one of the world’s longest bridges. Check in to your hotel. (Golden Sands/Shangri-La Rasa Sayang)
Jul 5, Sun – Penang (B)
Today, discover Georgetown, the island of Penang’s colorful and multicultural capital. Visit the third longest reclining Buddha figure in the world, Kek Lok Si Temple, and the Temple of 1000 Buddhas. Continue on to Fort Cornwallis; the water village of the Clan Jetties at Weld Quay; and “The Street of Harmony,” where churches, Chinese temples, mosques and Hindu temples exist side by side. See Khoo Kong Si clan’s house, with its elaborate and highly ornamented architecture, and enjoy a breezy trishaw ride. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Jul 6, Mon – Penang/Bangkok (B)
Today, fly to Bangkok, where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. (Century Park/Avani Riverside)
Jul 7, Tue – Bangkok (B)
This morning, tour the Grand Palace, former residence of the kings of Bangkok and one of the most beautiful examples of an ancient Siamese court. In the afternoon visit some of the most renowned Buddhist Temples: the Temple of the Golden Buddha and the huge Reclining Buddha at Wat Po.
Jul 8, Wed – Bangkok (B/D)
After breakfast, enjoy the day at leisure. This evening, enjoy a dinner with Thai delicacies and a performance of traditional dances.
Jul 9, Thu – Bangkok/USA (B)
Transfer to the airport and board China Airlines flight for return to the US.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land and Air prices include airfare and government taxes and fees via China Airlines from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Singapore, overland transfer by coach to Malacca, air from Bangkok to Singapore.
- Land Only includes overland transfer by coach to Malacca and airfare from Penang to Bangkok, but does not include air from US to Singapore or air from Bangkok to Singapore.
- Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
ALL TOUR PACKAGES FEATURE
• Round trip trans-Pacific air via Cathay Pacific Airways, Singapore Airlines, China Airlines and Emirates Airlines (or otherwise specified) coach class from West Coast, East Coast and Mid West gateway cities to/from Singapore and first/last cities of pre/post tours. All airfares include current airline fuel surcharges at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing this brochure and subject to change. Special add-on fares from various cities in the US and premium economy/business/first class upgrades on trans-Pacific air segments are available.
• Inter/intra Asia airfares coach class via Cathay Pacific/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines or other Asia carriers for Land and Air packages.
• Round trip airport transfers by coach with English-speaking guide/driver in each city
• Extensive sightseeing tours by air-conditioned motor-coach/car with English-speaking guide/driver; and admission fees for parks, sites, rides and shows as per itinerary
• Accommodations double occupancy at FC (first class) or D (deluxe) hotels as indicated, including hotel tax and service charges
• Meals B (breakfast), L (lunch) and D (dinner) included as per itinerary
• Luggage handling
• National tour guide for each country if tour members exceed 30 people
• $300 deposit required upon reservation; completed reservation form and a copy of passport are required upon reservation
• Final payment due 75 days prior to departure
• Cancellation penalties apply. See Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions for details
• Major credit cards are accepted; credit card authorization is required
• Optional travel insurance plan strongly recommended and non-refundable
• Ask for information about free land and air for group organizer, if group over 20 people
• All prices quoted are in US dollars and based on current exchange rate at the time (May 20, 2019) of printing of this brochure. If exchange rates drastically differ at the time of full payment, Pacific Holidays reserves the right to adjust prices already quoted in this brochure
• Land Only tour prices do not include airfares from the US to first city of the pre-tour or airfares from last city of the post-tour to the US. However, Land Only includes air/land transportations within the tour program.
• Promotional airfares may be sold out due to high volume of traffic for Lions Clubs Convention in Singapore. Higher airfares may apply if lower fares are sold out. An alternative airline may be used if Cathay Pacific Airways/Singapore Airlines/China Airlines/Emirates Airlines lower fares are sold out.
• Contracted hotels as indicated in this brochure may be sold out. Alternative hotels may be used. Prices may change.
• Pacific Holidays General Terms and Conditions apply; Cancellation and change penalties apply; Travel insurance is highly recommended. Please go online and visit www.pacificholidaysinc.com for coverage and exclusions.
• Add-on airfares from various cities in the States are available.
• For US citizens visas for China, Vietnam, Myanmar and India are required before departure. Apply for visas online or through visa agencies at least 2 months before departure. For non-US citizens please make sure you have proper travel documents before departure. Pacific Holidays will assist in visa application but is not responsible if applicant is declined for visas.
• Customized and private tours are available.
• Pacific Holidays is not authorized to make any hotel, transfers and tours (any land) reservations during the period of Lions Clubs International Convention (Jun 26 – 30, 2020) in Singapore. All reservations for Singapore and registration for the Convention must go through Lions Clubs International Convention Division.
Full refund of deposits made if cancellation is received in writing 90 days prior to departure, less $200 per person handling fee, plus any nonrefundable deposit for air, hotels and cruises, as well as credit card charge fees. Between 89 days and 60 days prior to departure, handling fee of $400 per person, plus non-refundable fees will be charged. Between 59 days and 30 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $600 per person, plus non-refundable fees, will be charged. Between 29 days and 8 days prior to departure, a handling fee of $800 per person will be charged, plus any expenses already incurred and cancellation fees imposed by airlines, hotels, cruises and suppliers. Seven days or less prior to departure, 50% of the tour package price or $1000 per person, whichever is higher, will be charged. NO REFUND will be granted to unused land portion once the tour has begun. All refund claims must be made in writing no later than 30 days after termination of trip. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. Travel insurance, visa fee, visa handling fee and most airlines tickets are not refundable once purchased and ticketed.
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre- and post-convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre- and post-convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and PACIFIC HOLIDAYS or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre- or post-convention tours being offered.
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.