Take an 11-day tour to discover the treasures of Spain by escorted coach. Begin with your tour of Madrid, seeing its magnificent fountains and visiting inside the Royal Palace. Take an afternoon excursion to Toledo, where you go inside St Tome Church, home to an El Greco masterpiece. The next day depart for Granada, discovering the region of "La Mancha" en route. Your Granada city tour includes the Generalife gardens, one of Spain's best-preserved Moorish gardens. Continue on to Seville, where you'll enjoy a Flamenco lesson and visit an Andalusian horse farm. After another night in Madrid, fly to Barcelona, where you stay 3 nights, including a walking our of the historic Gothic quarter and a day at leisure to discover this fascinating city before your return flight to the USA. Land and air, starting at $3375 per person based on double occupancy, from New York City's JFK airport.
Day 1 - New York/Madrid
Depart from New York City via TAP Portugal to Madrid, capital of Spain.
Day 2 - Madrid
Arrive in Madrid, where you are transferred to your hotel. (NH Collection Madrid Abascal or similar)
Day 3 - Madrid & Toledo
After breakfast, begin your tour of Madrid. Drive through the main avenues of the city and see the magnificent fountains of Neptune and Cibeles, Alcala Gate, and Plaza de España. Visit inside the Royal Palace. Afternoon, travel south to Toledo. Walk along its narrow streets and feel the history in the air. See the massive Cathedral and go inside St Tome Church, home to an El Greco masterpiece. Return to Madrid. (B)
Day 4 - Madrid/La Mancha/Granada
After breakfast depart for Granada. En route, stop in Aranjuez to see the splendid gardens of this old summer residence of Spanish kings. Continue south to discover the region of “La Mancha,” the land of Don Quixote and Spain’s largest wine-producing area. Visit a traditional wine producer and learns about the process, including secrets such as the influence of the moon and stars in the vineyards. Finish by tasting three different wines with tapas of ham, local cheese and bread. Continue on to Granada. (Barcelo Congress Granada or similar) (B/D)
Day 5 - Granada/Seville
After breakfast, your city tour includes a visit to La Alhambra, an exceptional example of royal life in the Nazari Islamic kingdom from the 10th to 15th century. Visit the Generalife gardens, part of this UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Spain’s best-preserved Moorish gardens. Afternoon, continue on to Seville. (Sevilla Center or similar) (B/D)
Day 6 - Seville
On today’s tour, visit inside the Seville Cathedral, Europe’s largest Gothic building and the location of Christopher Columbus’s tomb. You may walk up the Giralda bell tower for a superb city view. Walk by Santa Cruz Quarter, where the maze of small alleys and squares with the peacefulness of a tiny garden is an invitation to rest. Afternoon, enjoy an introductory and practical Flamenco lesson, dancing with a professional dancer. (B/D)
Day 7 - Seville/Cordoba/Madrid
After breakfast, visit an Andalusian horse farm (yeguada) to see a normal day of training and learn about the breeding and taming of these amazing horses. Afterward, travel north to Cordoba. A Roman city that reached its maximum splendor during the Muslim golden age, Cordoba became the capital of the Caliphate and the most populous town in the world during the 9th and 10th centuries. On your morning tour, visit the Mosque and walk around the Jewish Quarter, with its narrow streets and Andalusian courtyards. Afternoon, continue to Madrid. (NH Collection Madrid Abascal or similar) (B)
Day 8 - Madrid/Barcelona
After breakfast, you are transferred to the airport for your flight to Barcelona. On arrival, you are transferred to your hotel. Remainder of the day at leisure. (Barcelona Center or similar) (B)
Day 9 - Barcelona
This morning’s walking tour takes you to the oldest part of Barcelona, its historic Gothic quarter, with medieval buildings, narrow streets and open squares. Visit the quarter’s highlights, including Boqueria Market, the Cathedral and some of the main institution buildings such as Generalitat Palace, which houses the regional government. Also visit the Basilica of St. Maria del Mar, a stunning example of Gothic architecture. Tour ends in Las Ramblas, a vibrant and lively pedestrian mall full of street actors, sellers of flowers and birds, restaurants and shops. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 10 - Barcelona
Day at leisure to discover this fascinating city. (B)
Day 11 - Barcelona/New York
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer for your TAP Portugal flight to the US, arriving in New York the same day, (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
*For April 4 and June 20 departures: Fly to Barcelona on Day 1, transfer to Madrid on Day 5, and return to New York from Madrid on Day 11.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Roundtrip air into Madrid and out of Barcelona via TAP Portugal, coach class
- Roundtrip airport transfers in Rome at the beginning and end of the tour
- Fully escorted 7-day bus tour by coach with English-speaking tour escort/driver, being the same person
- 9-nights hotel accommodations (3 nights in Madrid, 1 night in Granada, 2 nights in Seville, and 3 nights in Barcelona at superior first-class hotels in standard rooms
- Meals as per the itinerary: breakfast daily, 3 dinners
- English speaking tour escort from day 4 to day 7 (Madrid portion assisted by our hostess where passengers will be informed about the city)
- English-speaking local guide half day in Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Seville and Cordoba.
- Extensive sightseeing, including local guide and all entrance fees: Madrid – Royal Palace, Cordoba - Mosque, Seville - Cathedral, Granada - Alhambra and Generalife gardens, Toledo - St Tome Church
- Wine cellar visit with tasting of three kind of wines with tapas of ham, local cheese and bread.
- 1-hour introductory lesson to Flamenco dancing by a professional dancer.
- Visit to an Andalusian horse farm.
- Headsets (bluetooth technology for a perfect audition during guides explanations)
- All taxes and service charges except for city tax to be paid directly to the hotel
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees to monuments and museums when not mentioned
- City tax (to be paid directly to the hotels)
- Any item not mentioned above
- If hotels listed or TAP Portugal is not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.