Take a 7-night trip and visit the islands of Vanuatu. Start in Port Vila, where you take in the history and lifestyle of this Melanesian island. Also, see remnants of the US presence from World War II. Next, travel to Tanna, where you take a 4-wheel drive safari to view the Yasur volcano and experience the traditional culture. From there, fly to Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu's largest island, where you can enjoy resort activities or relax on the beach. Finally, travel back to Port Vila for a night before returning to the US. Starting from $4020, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 - Los Angeles/Port Vila
Board Fiji Airways flight for Port Vila, Vanuatu, in the South Pacific.
Day 2 - En Route
Cross International Date Line.
Day 3 - Nadi/Port Vila
Arrive in Nadi and connect with onward flight to Port Vila, Vanuatu's capital and main city. Upon arrival in Port Vila, transfer to hotel. (Iririki, island fare)
Day 4 - Port Vila
Today's half-day tour presents an introduction to Port Vila. Your coach skirts the scenic waterfront and takes the Lini Highway into town. Drive past the new Parliament House, local markets, the main shopping areas and the town's distinctive older buildings. (B)
Day 5 - Port Vila/Tanna
Transfer to the airport for a short flight to Tanna. Afternoon tour to expeience the ancient magic rituals practiced by a warrior tribe in the highlands of Tanna, including a kava tasting. (Evergreen, garden view lower vila) (B)
Day 6 - Tanna
Full-day 4-wheel-drive safari to view Vanuatu's Mt. Yasur volcano. Visit the volcano's moon-like ash plain and receive a traditional cultural welcome. Transfer to the therapeutic mud pools and learn about their therapeutic qualities. Traditional lunch and oppotrunity for swimming on a white sandy beach. Relax in hot water pools and walk into volcano steam caves. Enjoy an incredible sunset before returning to your hotel for a barbecue dinner. (B/L/D)
Day 7 - Tanna/Espiritu Santo
Fly to Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu's largest island. Transfer to hotel. (Bokissa, beachfront fare) (B/D)
Day 8 - Espiritu Santo
In the north of the Vanuatu islands, Bokissa Private Island Resort lies off Espiritu Santo. It is set amidst a garland of coral reefs washed by sky-blue seas, with tropical breezes playing through the palms along the private beachfront and across the kaleidoscopic gardens around the pool. The resort's unique ambience is inherited from the unspoiled local Melanesian people, their culture and customs. Enjoy complimentary activities or opt to take the paid activities offered by the resort. (B/L/D)
Day 9 - Espiritu Santo/Port Vila
Fly to Port Vila. Arrive and transfer to hotel. (Iririki, island fare) (B)
Day 10 - Port Vila/Los Angeles
Transfer to airport and fly Fiji Airways to the US. Arrive home the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||March 1 - June 14|
July 25 - December 14
|June 15 - July 24|
|2020||January 11 - March 31||January 1-10|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy and include government taxes and fees.
- Monday departures and Wednesday returns
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via Fiji Airways coach class from Los Angeles
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip airport transfers
- 3 nights stay in an island fare at Iririki in Port Villa
- 2 nights stay in a garden view lower vila at Evergreen in Tanna
- 2 nights stay in a beachfront fare at Bokissa in Espiritu Santo
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Port Vila, afternoon tour in the highlands of Tanna, full-day 4-wheel-drive safari to view Mt. Yasur volcano
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If above hotels or Fiji Airways are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued within 30 days of reservation; full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.