Take a 12-night trip and visit Indochina: Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. Start your trip by transiting through Bangkok before arriving in Vientiane, the capital of Laos, situated along the Mekong River. Later, fly to Luang Prabang, the ancient capital and home of the royal family. Next, fly to Hanoi, in Vietnam, and visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and the Temple of Literature. Then fly to Ho Chi Minh City, where your tour includes the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Cu Chi tunnel complex. Afterward, fly to Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, perhaps the most extensive temple ruins in Asia. Then fly to Phnom Penh and see the Royal Palace and its Silver Pavilion, which has a floor of solid silver. Finally, fly back to the US. Starting from $5030, including air, with weekly guaranteed departures.
Day 1 – USA/Bangkok
Depart the US on a China Airlines trans-Pacific flight for Bangkok. Cross the International Date Line.
Day 2 – Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok and transfer to your hotel. (Century Park/Avani Riverside)
Day 3 – Bangkok/Vientiane
Depart Bangkok by air for Vientiane, the capital of Laos, situated on the Mekong River. A city tour includes That Luang Temple, the Patuxai arch, and the central market. (Lao Plaza) (B/D)
Day 4 – Vientiane/Luang Prabang
Take a flight north to Luang Prabang, the ancient capital and home of the former royal family. Afternoon sightseeing includes temples such as Wat Phousy, located on a hill overlooking the city. Visit the lively markets with array of silk goods and handicrafts. (Villa Santi) (B/L/D)
Day 5 – Luang Prabang
Depart on a boat trip this morning along the Mekong River to visit the sacred caves of Pak Ou. Drive through scenic rural landscapes to visit a handicraft village on the return journey. (B/L/D)
Day 6 – Luang Prabang/Hanoi
Today visit the former king’s palace and then proceed to a local market for shopping. After lunch transfer for your flight to Hanoi. Water puppet show in the evening. (The Lapis/Melia) (B/L/D)
Day 7 – Hanoi
Morning sightseeing tour includes Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and his former residence. Also visit the 900-year-old Temple of Literature, Fine Arts Museum and the Central Market. Afternoon at leisure to browse the market. (B/L)
Day 8 – Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City
Fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Afternoon sightseeing at the Presidential Palace, formerly the official residence of Ngo Dinh Diem. Then visit Cholon – HCM City’s Chinatown. Visit the Quang Pagoda, a thriving Buddhist center, and the large Chinese Market. (Liberty Central/Sofitel Plaza) (B/L)
Day 9 – Ho Chi Minh City
This morning visit the Cu Chi tunnel complex, used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. Your tour also takes you to the History Museum and the Notre Dame Cathedral. Afternoon at leisure to visit cafes, shops and markets. (B/L)
Day 10 – Ho Chi Minh City
Drive to My Tho. Visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda. A boat trip takes you past fishing villages and farmlands of the Mekong Delta. Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon. Tonight enjoy a dinner with traditional music. (B/L/D)
Day 11 – Ho Chi Minh City/Siem Reap
Today, fly to Siem Reap to visit the ruins of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, perhaps the most extensive temple ruins in Asia. (Tara Angkor/Sofitel Royal Angkor) (B/L/D)
Day 12 – Siem Reap
Spend a full day at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom with a comprehensive tour and some time to look around independently. (B/L/D)
Day 13 – Siem Reap/Phnom Penh
A morning flight takes you to Phnom Penh. Your afternoon tour includes the National Museum (Khmer art) and the Royal Palace and its Silver Pavilion with a floor of solid silver. (La Rose/Le Royal) (B/L/D)
Day 14 – Phnom Penh /USA
Depart via China Airlines flight back to the US and arrive the same day. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1-501/01 - 01/05|
|$990 FC$990 FC|
|$1940 D$1,940 D||January 6 - March 31
01/06 - 03/31|
|$990 FC$990 FC|
|$1740 D$1,740 D|
- Land & Air prices are per person based on double occupancy for weekday travel. For weekend travel to and from the US (Fri, Sat & Sun), add $60 each way.
- Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class) and D (deluxe), as indicated.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round trip trans-Pacific airfare via China Airlines coach class
- Local airfare, coach class, as per itinerary
- Round trip private airport transfers
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Luang Prabang, Hanoi, and Siem Reap
- 3 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Ho Chi Minh City
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Bangkok, Vientiane and Phnom Penh
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive private sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day city tour of Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Phnom Penh; Cu Chi Tunnels tour in Ho Chi Minh City; tour of My Tho with boat trip; boat tour on Mekong River to Pak Ou; two half-day tours of Luang Prabang; water puppet show and dinner in Hanoi; full-day tour of Angkor Wat
- Breakfast daily, 10 lunches, 8 dinners
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Century Park (Bangkok), Lao Plaza (Vientiane), Villa Santi (Luang Prabang), The Lapis (Hanoi), Liberty Central (Ho Chi Minh City), Tara Angkor (Siem Reap), La Rose (Phnom Penh)
- Deluxe (D): Avani Riverside (Bangkok), Lao Plaza (Vientiane), Villa Santi (Luang Prabang), Melia (Hanoi), Sofitel Plaza (Ho Chi Minh City), Sofitel Royal Angkor (Siem Reap), Le Royal (Phnom Penh)
- If above hotels or China Airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalty ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.