Take a 10 day/8 night trip to experience the beauty of Vietnam. Vietnam, located in the southeast of Asia, is known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas and bustling cities. Start by getting to know the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi, where you will stay for two nights, before taking an overnight boat cruise around the emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands of Halong Bay. After, you will embark on an overnight train from Hanoi to Hue in the center of Vietnam, where you will visit the Hue Citadel and Royal Antique Museum. After a morning boat trip on Huong River to Thien Mu, you will drive to Hoi An, a coastal city known for its well-preserved Ancient Town. Spend one night there before taking a short flight to Ho Chi Minh, where you will spend two more nights surrounded by French colonial architecture. Starting from $1,499 including air from Los Angeles.
Day 1 - Wednesday: US/Vietnam
Board your trans-Pacific flight, departing Los Angeles or San Francisco for Vietnam.
Day 2(or 3) -Friday: Hanoi
Arrive Hanoi, where you transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of the night at your leisure. (Mercure Hanoi or similar-standard room)
Day 3-Saturday: Hanoi
After breakfast you are joining a shared half day city tour. Visit the One Pillar Pagoda, Temple of Literature and take a walk through the Old Quarter. Afternoon at leisure .(B)
Day 4-Sunday: Hanoi/Halong Bay
Drive to Halong Bay (shuttle bus with driver only) where you will embark on Huong Hai Junk and cruise around scenic Halong Bay, made famous by the movie “Indochine” starring Cathrine Deneuve. Overnight stay on the boat (Bai Tho Victory Junk) (B,L,D)
Day 5-Monday: Halong Bay/Hanoi/Hue
In the morning continue your boat cruise along Halong Bay with brunch on board. In the afternoon, you will drive back to Hanoi and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station for your overnight train to Hue. (1st class berth shared cabin) (Based on quad occupany on overnight train from Hanoi to Hue. For private double occupancy cabin add $100 per person; For single private occupancy cabin, add $300.)
Day 6-Tuesday: Hue
Arrive in Hue around 10:30 am. Transfer from railway station to your hotel on a shared bus. Taste the local fare at a hosted lunch. In the afternoon, you will visit the Hue Citadel and Royal Antique Museum. (Park View Hotel or similar, standard room) (L)
Day 7-Wednesday: Hue/Hoi An
After breakfast, take a morning boat trip on Huong River to Thien Mu an then drive to Hoi An. In the afternoon, take a walking tour of this World Heritage City. Visit an ancient merchant house, The Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, the 400 year old Japanese Covered Bridge and the vibrant riverside market. (Silk Luxury Hotel -standard room) (B)
Day 8-Thursday: Hoi An/Ho Chi Minh City
After breakfast take an afternoon flight to Ho Chi Minh City and then transfer to your hotel. Spend the rest of the evening at your leisure . (Vissai Hotel or similar, standard room) (B)
Day 9-Friday: Ho Chi Minh
After breakfast, take a city tour of Ho Chi Minh, formerly known as Saigon. Visit the famous Cathedral, Chinatown, Binh Tay Market and Thien Hau Temple. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 10-Saturday: Ho Chi Minh/US
Check out before 12 noon and transfer to the airport for your departure flight back to the US or you can take the extension to Siem Reap to visit the magnificent Angkor Temples (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement|
Scroll right for more info »»
Rates do not include:
- Round trip international air from SFO or LAX to Vietnam
- Round trip airport/hotel transfers
- 2 nights in a standard room in Mercure Hanoi
- 1 night on Bai Tho Junk Cruise on Halong Bay, (superior SIC)
- 1 night in a superior room at Hue Park or similar in Hue
- 1 night in a standard room at Silk Luxury or similar in Hoi An
- 2 nights in a deluxe room at Vissai hotel similar in Ho Chi Minh
- 1 night 1st class shared berth in an overnight train, from Hanoi to Hue, coach class
- Breakfast most days per itinerary, 1 brunch, 2 lunches, and 1 dinner
- Local English Speaking Guides
- Domestic flight from DAD to SGN
- Tours as listed in the itinerary
- All taxes and service charges
- Vietnam Visa (mandatory for US citizens and must be arranged before departure)
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on fares from various US cities are available
- Any meals not included in the itinerary
- Book by July 31, 2019 for these special rates. Price is strictly based on availability at the time of booking
- Please call if your departure city from US is different at 1800 355 8025
- Valid for travel on select departure dates.
- Based on quad occupany on overnight train from Hanoi to Hue. For private double occupancy cabin add $100 per person; For single private occupancy cabin, add $300.
- If listed hotels are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Air ticket non-refundable once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies; Optional Travel Insurance not included.
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all Asian destinations and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.
Day 10 - Saturday: Saigon to Phnom Penh
Take a SIC bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia. In the afternoon SIC tour of the city and view the most impressive sights including National Museum, the Silver Pagoda and the Royal Palace.
(Silver River Hotel or similar-standard room)
Day 11 –Sunday-Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
After breakfast transfer to the bus station and take a tourist bus to the magnificent ancient city of Siem Reap. Transfer to your hotel (Mother Home Inn-superior room) (B)
Day 12-Monday: Siem Reap
After breakfast enter the Angkor complex via the Southern Gate and explore the ancient city.In the afternoon visit the famous Angkor Wat. Overnight in Siem Reap. (B)
Day 13-Tuesday-Siem Reap
Full day at leisure in Siem Reap (B)
Day 14-Wednesday-Siem Reap-USA
After breakfast transfer to the airport for flight back to US. (Breakfast)
Min two people required for this trip
$555 per person double
$199 single supllement