Visit the ancient Mayan sites in the Yucatan Peninsula on this 5-night trip to Mexico. This package highlights the culture and architecture of the ancient Mayan civilization. Experience the history and grandeur of famous sites like Chichen Itza, Tixkokob, Uxmal, and more. Starting from $1915, including air, with daily departures.
Day 1 - Miami/Cancun
Depart from Miami and fly to the resort city of Cancun on the Caribbean Sea. Transfer to your hotel. (Adhara/Westin, deluxe lagoonview/Westin, junior suite)
Day 2 - Cancun/Chichen Itza/Merida
Start off in the morning to the most visited Maya site in Yucatan, Chichen Itza. Learn about the famous Kukulkan pyramid, Temple of Warriors, and Holy Cenote, where Mayan people celebrated human sacrifices. In the afternoon, travel to Cenote Ik Kil, where you can take a refreshing swim in the crystal-clear waters. Continue on to the colonial city of Merida, the current state capital. (Casa del Balam/Fiesta Americana/Hacienda San Jose) (B)
Day 3 - Izamal
Drive to the village of Tixkokob, famous for its handmade hammocks. At a home of a local family, the secret of making "hamacas" is introduced. Continue along a minor country road to the remote village of Ake. Visit a mystic Mayan site and a sisal factory. Travel on country roads to Izamal, where a predominant site is the Franciscan convent. Return to Merida. (B)
Day 4 - Merida/Uxmal
In the morning, tour the lively city of Merida. Around the main plaza are attractions like the Governor's palace, with well-known paintings by local artist Pacheco. On one side is Mexico's oldest cathedral. Along Paseo de Montejo there are many impressive neoclassical mansions and Yucatan's Archaeological Museum. A short drive away in Uman, visit a local fruit and vegetable market. Learn how to make the bread of gods at a "tortilleria." Continue to Celestun. View hundreds of pink flamingos during the lagoon boat tour. Transfer to Uxmal in the afternoon. (Hacienda Uxmal/The Lodge/Hacienda Santa Rosa) (B)
Day 5 - Uxmal
Visit Uxmal's towering Pyramid of the Magician. The Nunnery Quadrangle is unique in the Maya world. Frescoes, statues of arch priests and snakes decorate its intriguing facades. Transfer to Becal, well known for its handmade Panama hats. On the return to Uxmal, stop at the Maya site of Oxkintok, which was inhabited from 300 BC to 1500 AD. (B)
Day 6 - Uxmal/Tulum/Cancun/Miami
On the way back to the Caribbean coast, stop in colonial Valladolid. Take a relaxed city walk through the historical center. Visit the lovely cenote (freshwater well) Zaci and the Templo de San Bernardino and Convento de Sisal. Afternoon, visit the old Mayan port in Tulum. Transfer to the airport for flight to Miami. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *|
|Land Only *||Single Supplement||April 1-30||July 1 - August 30||May 1 - June 30|
September 1 - December 31
|2020||January 1 - March 31|
Land & Air prices include government taxes and fees. Hotels are FC (first-class), D (deluxe), and L (luxury), as indicated.
Rates are not valid during some special holidays.
Scroll right for more info »»
- Round-trip international airfare on coach class from Miami
- Overland transfers with sightseeing stops as per itinerary
- 1 night stay in a double occupancy room in Cancun
- 2 nights stay in a double occupancy room in Merida and Uxmal
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Extensive sightseeing tours by coach/car with English-speaking guide and admission fees in each location as per itinerary: half-day tour of Cancun, visit to Cenote Ik Kil, tour of the villages of Tixkokob and Ake, city tour of Merida, lagoon boat tour in Celestun, tour of Uman market, half-day city tour of Uxmal, visit to Valladolid and to Tulum port
- Breakfast daily
- Airline fuel surcharge (subject to change) and government taxes and fees
Rates do not include
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc.
- Optional Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- First Class (FC): Adhara (Cancun), Casa del Balam (Merida), Hacienda Uxmal (Uxmal)
- Deluxe (D): Westin, deluxe lagoonview (Cancun), Fiesta Americana (Merida), The Lodge (Uxmal)
- Luxury (L): Westin, junior suite (Cancun), Hacienda San Jose (Merida), Hacienda Santa Rosa (Uxmal)
- If above hotels or preferred airlines are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category or airlines could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Ticket(s) must be issued and full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply once ticketed; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, air upgrades, additional hotel nights, extensions to all other destinations, and add-on air fares from various US cities are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.